Employee Benefits Account Executive
We currently are recruiting for an agency who has a need for an Employee Benefits Account Executive at their office in the Boston MA area. This agency is one of the top insurance brokerage agencies in the area with several offices throughout New England. This position would be responsible for supporting mid-market clients with most companies employing 100+ employees with sophisticated needs.
Candidate would be responsible for handling a block of mid-larger sized corporate clients for brokerage of medical, dental, life & disability, voluntary and TPA products & services (i.e. FSA, HSA and COBRA administration).Clients typically would be in 75 – 500 employee size range.
Duties, abilities and responsibilities include:
- Provide an exceptional level of service and support to our clients.
- Act as liaison between clients; Human Resource/Benefits and management team and all insurers and other service vendors
- Possess an advanced level of understanding of all group health, dental and other benefits, associated products, services and affiliated tools connected with benefit plans
- Ability to review and provide advice on contracts, documents and other deliverables connected with insurance products and TPA services for accuracy
- Prepare marketing materials (RFPs) and subsequent proposals, and then implement changes or install new contracts for customers.
- Analyze health, dental and other benefit plan claims and utilization data from insurers/vendors and deliver detailed reporting to customers, to include determination of trends and predictions of future renewals
- Organize and attend client meetings, prepare communications including Open Enrollment materials, presentations and coordinate all insurer/ vendor needs
- Ensure that all renewals and products are finalized and fully installed, including employee enrollments, contracts, employee ID cards, and employer billing
- Interface with clients in resolution of claim disputes, billing and other contract issues to the total satisfaction of clients (and their employees)
- Maintain knowledge and deliver updates to customers involving all aspects of state and federal regulations governing employee welfare plans, including ERISA, ACA, HIPAA, etc.
- Assist customers with all other aspects of compliance and reporting including development of Summary Plan Descriptions
- Assist clients with any ad-hoc projects, claim resolution or search for information to ensure employers can fully deliver a first-class benefit package to their employees
- Prepare executive reports for management and present to executives, board of directors, and union/ decision making committees as required to educate and approve decisions on benefit programs
- Four-year college degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of insurance brokerage industry experience
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively draft, proof and complete professional documents, presentations and correspondence, using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and other contemporary business standards
- Good understanding of Excel and other formula-based software
- Ability to learn and utilize the Customer Service Management (CRM) system to maintain client/ benefit information and service tracking.
- Possess strong math and analytical skills – with ability to analyze and interpret claim and other data, including complicated spreadsheets
- Flexibility of adapting to fast-paced, dynamic work environment. Ability to work in both a team/collaborative setting, but also able to work without supervision when necessary
- Current Mass. Life & Health broker license required
- Expectation of possessing or pursuing CEBS or equivalent designation
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to a VERY competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits plan including medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD, PTO, Floating Holidays, 401k, and more.